I didn't believe him. I hated the original series.
I made passing reference to how the new series is supposed to be good today when we were looking at the NTL guide - we saw it on Bravo, mum had a quick look and it was the original series. So we switched back to Sky One.
Right as an advert for the rerunning of the first new miniseries was on.
So we flipped to Sky Two, and I just spent the last two hours and forty minutes watching it.
And loving it.
I concede the fucking point.
1.What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never do. And I have, and this one I hope to keep.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
...Not that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of the cats.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More good XBox games? Er, I don't think I really lacked anything in 2006 except sanity, and the less of that, the better.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing in particular, actually. I have a crap memory.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting 92,000 words in NaNoWriMo. Seriously. I never thought I'd ever manage that, especially considering the last two years.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oooh, so many. Having no money and no job by the end of it being the biggest, probably.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've sprained nearly everything I could, I think.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tons of manga, more pens, the Wii. I think the 360 came out in February last year, didn't it?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The Government. In general.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Give you three guesses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
FullMetal Alchemist, Gears of War, Bleach. :D
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Not one in particular, but most of the Eurovision songs I listened to near obsessively during NaNo.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
...I'm struggling to remember this time last year. Probably sadder: I had a job then.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter. :P Unfortunately.
iii. richer or poorer?
A LOT poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Oh I don't know where to start...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
...see above. XD
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly, cleaning up pine needles.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Not with anyone other than the usual.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Doctor Who, Torchwood, Robin Hood... Not watched so much TV until the latter half of the year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so...
26. What was the best book you read?
Probably Persian Fire, by Tom Holland. Er, I'm also still reading it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Matt's MP3 collection. XD
28. What did you want and get?
The Wii, the XBox, a laptop.
29. What did you want and not get?
Anything I wanted, I bought. XD
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I don't think I watched much...
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I did buggerall, and I was 23.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't really say...
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Scruffy chic, without the chic.
34. What kept you sane?
Blowing things up in Halo.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jack Davenport. David Tennant. x____x;;
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Government's absolute shitness?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of new people. ^___^ I can't pick favourites.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
It was called "GET A FUCKING JOB OR YOU HAVE NO MONEY AND AN ANGRY BANK", I think.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.